Welcome to the
A Flock to Fiber Event
Welcome to the Annual Fiber Festival in Soldotna, AK. This is a gathering of people interested in natural fiber arts, fiber production and the community at large. Our goal remains the same, to bring together the best of fiber arts and fiber agriculture and to promote awareness for the general public about the fiber industry in Alaska.
We will have vendor’s booth, food booth, classes and livestock exhibits. There will be hands-on demonstrations at the booths and on the grounds. There will be beautiful and unique yarns and finished products for sale. (great time to get the materials to make your holiday presents or buy some unique presents already made)
Many educational opportunities will be on-going. Check the Events Schedule to learn what is going on and when.
Classes are offered for adults and children. Children’s classes are free, there are fees for adult classes. Please check the Class Schedule for the appropriate one for you, according to age and interest.
Fireweed FiberFest is a place for the beginner and the expert, the curious and the serious. There is NO Entrance Fee, all interested persons are welcome to join us on Sept 25 & 26, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, at the Soldotna Sports Center, 538 Arena Ave, Soldotna, AK 99669.
Guidelines for the Festival:
- No pets are allowed on grounds except for Certified Service Animals
- All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- You are responsible for your children at all times, including keeping them from harm or from harming others, exhibited animals, merchandize or themselves.
- Do not feed the animals on exhibit(not applicable this year)
- Do not enter any pen with an exhibited animal except with the owner (not applicable this year)
- Persons extremely drunk or high will be asked to leave, since this is a family event
for helping to make this an enjoyable event for all attending